Starting this year, SANER is partnering with several software engineering journals to incorporate Journal First / Conference Second (J1C2) papers into the SANER program. Through this initiative, authors of journal-first papers accepted in the participating journals will be invited to present their work at SANER, allowing the authors to interact directly with the community and offering the SANER attendees a richer set of presentations.
The participating journals that partner with SANER are:
- Empirical Software Engineering (EMSE)
- Journal of Systems and Software (JSS)
- Journal of Software: Evolution and Process (JSEP)
The J1C2 committee will check whether the submission is in scope for the J1C2 track. As the manuscripts have been already reviewed and accepted by the journals, they will not be reviewed again for technical correctness but rather be checked for the J1C2 criteria.
Authors of manuscripts that fulfill the above criteria are invited to submit a presentation proposal via EasyChair.
The proposal should consist of:
- the paper title;
- names of all authors;
- an extended abstract (1 page);
- a short statement on how the work satisfies the J1C2 criteria;
- a pointer to the original journal paper.
Presentation and Proceedings
At least one author of each accepted J1C2 submission must register and attend the conference to present the paper.
The accepted journal-first papers will be listed in the conference program. Each paper will also have a one-page entry in the SANER proceedings; that entry will be the abstract submitted by the authors. Full journal-first manuscripts are published through the journals and will not be part of the SANER proceedings.
- Submission: January 26, 2018, 23:59 AoE
- Notification: February 16, 2018
- Camera Ready: February 22, 2018
- Submission Page: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=saner2018j1c2